I guess with you.

We dont only need to write:

or

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

and resolve our problems.

One very important step is ASSURE that the file is saved in the type we asked.
"UTF-8" or "ISO-8859-1".

To do this we need a editor that can write the file in the required code.

My preference is jEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) because it let me choose the
"real" code in what it will save my file.

I hope it can help too. ;)

Antonio Gallardo.