Hello,

the problem is mostly, that Cocoon expects by default encoding ISO-8859-1, but gets UTF-8 request. In which encoding are your documents served to the browser? I guess UTF-8, so the browser requests also in UTF-8.

So you must either change the encoding of the served documents or Cocoon's expectation regards the encoding of a request.

Regards,

Joerg

Braun wrote:
I have the problem with german Umlauts in request parameters.
When I transfer german Umlauts by request paramaters cocoon doesn't decode the Umlauts encoding when I use these Umlauts in my xml-documents or stylesheets.
I set already all my encodings to ISO-8859-1.