Probably because what you have there is not XHTML. You don't have a
DOCTYPE declaration. For more information about how Mozilla chooses
between the XHTML and HTML display modes (using MIME, DOCTYPE and file
extentions), see [1].

Your markup, is not XHTML; a namespace alone is not enough. AFAIK, there
is no XHTML DTD that accepts marginheight attributes on the body tag ;-)

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/newlayout/xml/

Manos