Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
> I've got a situation where I've got to pass a bunch of parameters with
> unknown names from a (Cocoon generated) HTML form through an action to a
> standard Cocoon pipeline.  There are certain parameters I don't want to pass
> on to the stylesheet so I can't use
>
>                <map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>

Is there some reason which forces you not to copy the
parameters wholesale? Otherwise, use use-request-parameters
and simply ignore the parameters you don't want. You can
also try to override the wholesale parameter import by
passing an empty string for the unwanted parameters
     <map:parameter name="unwanted" value=""/>

> However, I can, in my action selectively not copy the unwanted parameters
> into the map (since they have well defined names).  The issue is, how do I
> then pass these onto the transform from the from the sitemap? Normally, I'd
> do something like:
>
>                   <map:parameter name="gunk_data_id"
> value="{gunk_data_id}"/>
>
> to pass on individual parameters.  In this case, since I don't know all the
> parameter names I can't do that.  I basically want to say, pass all the
> parameters in the map returned from the action onto the transform (the
> equivalent of use-action-parameters perhaps?)

You can use an internal pipeline with an request-generator
and an XSLT to filter out unwanted parameters, and aggregate
it to you main source:
  <map:pipeline match="int/req-filtered">
    <map:generator type="request"/>
    <map:transform src="filter.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="xsl"/>
  </map:pipeline>
  <map:pipeline match="whatever.xyz">
    <map:action type="my-for-action">
      <map:aggregate (add proper attr here)>
        <map:part src="cocoon://int/req-filtered"/>
        <map:part src="main-src"/>
      </map:aggregate>
(beware: untested code)

A filter XSLT can be basically the generic copy-through
template and empty templates for the parameters you don't
want:
   <xsl:template match="cr:requestParam[@name='unwanted']"/>
(beware: element and attr names just guessed).

HTH
J.Pietschmann