> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> Alan Hodgkinson wrote:
> >   <xsp:styesheet version="1.0"
>      ^^^
              ^

Arrrghhhh!    +-->  'styesheet' != 'stylesheet'

That solved part of the problem. As you pointed out, I also
had 'xsp' instead of 'xsl'. It came from copying an XSP
page in order to get the correct namespaces. Oops!

Jeff: many thanks for you help!

..but unfortunately it doesn't solve the entire problem.

That is, I cannot make the technique described in Matthew and
Carston's book (and the Cocoon web site) work where you use
the 'context:' protocol to define the location of xsl file.

  <builtin-logicsheet>
    <parameter name="prefix" value="lop"/>
    <parameter name="uri"
value="http://softxs.ch/cocoon/logicalOutput/1.0"/>
    <parameter name="href" value="context://logicsheets/lop.xsl"/>
  </builtin-logicsheet>

I've tried the following variations in cocoon.xconf for the
logicsheet href. All of them fail:

  context://lop.xsl
  context://logicsheets/lop.xsl
  file:///lop.xsl
  file:///logicsheets/lop.xsl

..they all cause a resource not found error in the logs.

As a last resort I tried:

  logicsheets/lop.xsl

E.g. with no protocol in the href. This appears to work, but
don't ask me why! For now it's an acceptible work-around, but it
definitely does not seem to be working as documented. Strange.

Note that I can also make the logic sheet work if I configure my
cocoon.xconf as follows:

  <builtin-logicsheet>
    <parameter name="prefix" value="lop"/>
    <parameter name="uri"
value="http://softxs.ch/cocoon/logicalOutput/1.0"/>
    <parameter name="href" value="resource://ch/softxs/cocoon/lop.xsl"/>
  </builtin-logicsheet>

but this requires me to create a jar file with the appropriate
structure that I place in WEB-INF/lib. And then you have to bounce
Tomcat, makeing the developement cycle much slower.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the way the href in cocoon.xconf
is supposed to function.

Best wishes,

Alan.