Hi All,

I have an application that is generating some labels for a table
using svg. All it does is generate some text and rotate it 180.
This is the sitemap fragement that applies to this function.

   <map:match pattern="name.jpg">
     <map:generate src="gs.xml"/>
        <map:transform src="page2svg.xsl">
          <map:parameter name="pagename" value="name.jpg"/>
          <map:parameter name="display" value="{display}"/>
        </map:transform>
     <map:serialize type="svg2jpeg"/>
   </map:match>

which is called from this piece of XSL.
  <xsl:template match="Role" name="Role">
            <add_image
img_file="{concat('http://localhost:8080/GS/name.jpg?display=', ./Role)}"/>
  </xsl:template>

and <add_image> is a simple template:

  <xsl:template name="add_image" match="add_image">
    <xsl:element name="img">
      <xsl:attribute name="src">
        <xsl:value-of select="@img_file"/>
      </xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

The problem is that the rendering of the svg is sooo slow. It takes
up to 15 seconds to generate as few a 8 labels, whereas the table
itself (plain HTML) can have hundreds of cells, yet render in as
little as 2 seconds. Subsequent views of the page are faster
because the images are cached, but I would like to get better
performance on the first viewing.

Does anyone know if this can be optimized, either in the configuration
files, the sitemap, the XSL or some other method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Leona Slepetis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]