Hi,

try the target clean-webapp on build, you will get a clean cocoon
without samples.

The other possibility is that you work in webapps/cocoon directory.
You can try to work in a subdirectory that you mount in the main sitemap
so that you don't lose all samples and docs (that are very valuable for
the start).
for example:
webapps/cocoon/mytests

and mount it in the main sitemap.xmap with:

<!-- pipeline mounting the test dir -->
   <map:pipeline>
     <map:match pattern="mytests/**">
       <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="mytests/" uri-prefix="mytests"/>
     </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

have fun with cocoon !

Kim