Richard,

this is the correct link to the _current_ version (in 2.1-dev):

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/authentication.html

Can I use it with a database?
<<
Yes - the authentication framework maps functions to pipelines. And as such
a pipeline can do whatever _you_ want.

Where would the user data be stored?
<<
Wherever _you_ want it to be.

Do I need to include the portal in my applications?
<<
No.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.s-und-n.de