Hello all!

In my frame based solution I have a main frame with the navigation being
some links to xhtml files for the second frame. For each of these
functionalities behind the links I did a sitemap in a sub-directory.

The phaenomenon I realised:
When I click on a navigation link for the first time everything seems ok.
When clicking for the second time I get an exception from source Cocoon
servlet(see below) which I cannot explain why. Furthermore I have to restart
my JRUN4 server again to get everything working (but again only once the
chance to click a navigation link :-(
--------- exception --------------
10/10 15:18:54 user ERROR   (2002-10-10) 15:18.54:067   [cocoon.m]
(/leaf/users/index5.xhtml) web-4/PipelineNode: Error while processing
pipeline at
file:/C:/Programme/JRun4/servers/default/SERVER-INF/temp/leaf.war-1321099155
/users/sitemap.xmap:27:-1
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEv
entPipeline.java:223)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
treamPipeline.java:399)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri
alizeNode.java:153)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ContainerNode.invoke(ContainerNod
e.java:70)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallNode.invoke(CallNode.
java:122)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:85)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:328)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:293)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)
        at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
        at
jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
        at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:241)
        at
jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)
        at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:
348)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:451
)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:29
4)
        at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.flushStartDoc(Transform
erIdentityImpl.java:885)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.comment(TransformerIden
tityImpl.java:1267)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.comment(AbstractXMLPipe.java:265)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.comment(AbstractXMLPipe.java:265)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.comment(AbstractXMLPipe.java:265)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.parse(XMLByteStrea
mInterpreter.java:151)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.deserialize(XMLByt
eStreamInterpreter.java:102)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEv
entPipeline.java:219)
        ... 34 more

--------- end of exception --------------

Unfortunately it may happen that the above phaenomenon does not appear
without any changes(but only with a 1% chance when starting the JRUN server
new, I guess).

The main sitemap contains:
--------------------------
<snip>
<map:match pattern="users/*">
  <map:mount check-reload="no" uri-prefix="users" src="users/"/>
</map:match>
</snip>

Using no sub-directories and therefore a differently named sub-sitemap seems
to work more stable but does not provide the structured solution like I want
it to be.

Is this a known bug? Some ideas what I should check?

Thanks, Kurt