I have an XSLT transformation that outputs a JavaScript file that I need to
serialize as text to send to the client. I am using <map:serialize
type="text"/>, but the serialized result includes an XML declaration with
markup characters escaped (as if serializing an external parsed general
entity). How do I force Cocoon to serialize JavaScript the way it should be
serialized, not to mention with the right media type?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Evan Lenz
Seattle University School of Law
Technology Department