Ralph, many thanks, this is, what I expected. If it works, I only have to
add "svg:" to the graphics tag. But it currently doesn't work. The result
is a broken PDF output - only about the 10 first bytes from the PDF. I
played a bit with your code and I found, that the line "<svg:svg ..."
(closed with the matching end tag) killed the PDF creation.

 <fo:block>
   <fo:instream-foreign-object>
     <svg:svg width="150mm" height="10mm">
     </svg:svg>
   </fo:instream-foreign-object>
 </fo:block>

As you can see, I replaced the "800.0" and "8.0" values, because I got a
error message about a missing transformation parameter or so. After doing
this, the last log entry in "catalina.out", that seems to be written in
the case of the "svg:svg" block, is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/batik/dom/svg/DefaultSVGContext

I wonder about this, because the SVG-Demo from Cocoon works fine and
contains similar code as yours.

Do I have to reconfigure anything or install something? I installed the
normal Cocoon 2.0.3 package and Tomcat 4.1.8 on a Linux box. There is a
package "batik-all-1.5b2.jar" installed in the cocoon lib-directory. I
didn't understand what's wrong. I use the J2SDK 1.4.0 from the Sun site ;-
).

Meanwhile, I read some docs about "instream-foreign-object" and found,
that your code looks 100% correct. So I assume it's my mistake.

Other messages here in the list are also about
a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError", but for other classes. It looks like a
typical configuration- oder dependency problem. But I found no solution
anywhere.

Any suggestion?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote at
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:36:21 +0200:

>Hi,
>
>try something like
>
> <fo:block>
>   <fo:instream-foreign-object>
>     <svg:svg xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"; width="800.0"
>height="8.0">
>       <svg:g style="stroke:#000000; stroke-width:1.0">
>         <svg:line x1="2.0" y1="2.0" x2="794.0" y2="2.0"/>
>       </svg:g>
>     </svg:svg>
>   </fo:instream-foreign-object>
> </fo:block>
>
>If you are looking for examples take a look at the batik-project also
>from apache ( http://xml.apache.org/batik ).

Michael Fridrich

http://michael-fridrich.piranho.com/

>Sind Sie bei einer guenstigen Krankenversicherung versichert?
Hier finden Sie einen Vergleich privater Krankenversicherungen
fuer diverse Berufsgruppen erwartet Sie hier:
http://partners.webmasterplan.com/click.asp?ref=128254&site=1387&type=text&tnb=2