Hi all,

I have a mySQL database with varchar fields containing foreign characters (ex. ë) Queries in the mySQL client yield correct results.
When I do a query using the SQLTransfomer or esql the non ASCII characters are not presented properly. The ë is converted to ë

Here's the pipeline:
<map:match pattern="members/getmemberdata">
<map:generate type="serverpages" src="test/test2.xsp"/>
<map:transform type="sql">
<map:parameter name="use-connection" value="bvar"/>
</map:transform>
<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

All the serializers have the <encoding>UTF-8</encoding> tag.
The XSP file has a <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> header.

Isn't UTF-8 the correct encoding for European characters, or is something else wrong?

Bert

Using Cocoon 2.1 build 5/14/2002, Tomcat 4.0.1, JDK 1.3.1_02

This mail is written in 100% recycled electrons.