On Thursday, Oct 31, 2002, at 13:42 Europe/London, Stephan Michels wrote:

'Off the Shelf' slide.xconf is set up to use the FileContentStore to
store content in $CATALINA_HOME/contentstore (as I understand it), but
I never see any files or folders there ..... then when I restart
TomCat, log back into cocoon/samples/slide an I have nothing in the
repository. :-}
Thats the problem of the MemoryDescriptorsStore, it holds the information
in the memory, and it's gone then you shutdown tomcat.

So you uncomment the XMLDescriptorStore and change the scope, which I
currently use.

I fixed the request-param in line 159 of slide/sitemap.xmap

I am using this configuration (in slide.xconf):

<description>
<store name="xml">
<nodestore classname="slidestore.file.XMLFileDescriptorsStore">
<parameter name="rootpath">
/Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/slide
</parameter>
</nodestore>
<securitystore>
<reference store="nodestore" />
</securitystore>
<lockstore>
<reference store="nodestore" />
</lockstore>
<revisiondescriptorsstore>
<reference store="nodestore" />
</revisiondescriptorsstore>
<revisiondescriptorstore>
<reference store="nodestore" />
</revisiondescriptorstore>
<contentstore classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
<parameter name="rootpath">
/Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/slide
</parameter>
<parameter name="version">true</parameter>
<parameter name="resetBeforeStarting">true</parameter>
</contentstore>
</store>
<scope match="/" store="xml" />
</definition>

When I attempt to login, I now get this exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMBuilder.getDocument(DOMBuilder.java:178)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.toDOM(SourceUtil.java:172 )
at org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.AuthenticationManage r.authenticate(AuthenticationManager.java:458)
at org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.acting.LoginAction.act(LoginAct ion.java:130)

etc.

Any idea what I am still doing wrong?

What does the 'resetBeforeStarting' parameter mean? I assume it resets locks etc. on restart, or is it something more than this?

Many thanks

regards Jeremy