Hi Kasper,

        You wouldn't need to write a custom transformer for this. One
        solution would be to use aggregation to aggregate both files
        together. Then using xsl you can extract the necessary data
        for output.

        Hope that helps.

        Cheers,

        Marcus

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 02:27:17PM +0100, Kasper Nielsen wrote:
> Just started using Cocoon and I have a rather simple question:
>
> Lets say i have a document with all my data (projects.xml)
> <projects>
>     <project id="A1">
>         <name> RailwayTrack DF</name>
>         <responsible> kni </responsible>
>         <economy_actual>123</economy_actual>
>         <economy_estimate>456</economy_estimate>
>         <schedule_estimate>789</economy_estimate>
>     </project>
>     <project id="B4">
>         <name> Digital Transmission </name>
>         <responsible> pjc </responsible>
>         <economy_actual>987</economy_actual>
>         <economy_estimate>654</economy_estimate>
>         <schedule_estimate>321</economy_estimate>
>     </project>
> </projects>
>
> And i also have a definition of some views of the data (views.xml)
>
> <views>
>     <view name="estimate">
>         <columns>
>             <measure name="schedule_estimate"/>
>             <measure name="economy_estimate"/>
>         </columns>
>     </view>
>     <view name="overview">
>         <columns>
>             <measure name="name"/>
>             <measure name="responsible"/>
>         </columns>
>     </view>
> </views>
>
> Now I want to given the name of the view, lets say "estimate" to combine it
> into another xml document, that is extract only the data mentioned in the
> view, in this case it would be the "schedule_estimate" column and the
> "economy_estimate" column
> The resulting document should look something like this
>     <columndefs>
>         <columndef>
>             <column-name>schedule_estimate</column-name>
>         </columndef>
>         <columndef>
>             <column-name>economy_estimate</column-name>
>         </columndef>
>     </columndefs>
>     <tabledata>
>         <row>
>             <entry>456</entry>
>             <entry>789</entry>
>         </row>
>         <row>
>             <entry>654</entry>
>             <entry>321</entry>
>         </row>
>     </tabledata>
>
> Can I "merge" 2 documents in that way with xslt?
> Or do I need a custom transformer?
>
> regards
>   Kasper Nielsen

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: