On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 09:44:39AM +0100, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Hello Ryan,
>
> the error message is non-ambiguous: You created a non-valid web.xml.
> Remove the changes you did and add the roles at the correct place
> according to the DTD.

Thanks for your reply..

Before I go tracking down the problem the hard way, can you tell me if
these instructions are wrong?

        http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/faq-configure-c2.html#faq-1

Here is what I did, I just:

1. edited one line of cocoon.xconf to read:

        <cocoon version="2.0" user-roles="WEB-INF/my.roles">

2. created a file called WEB-INF/my.roles which I copied from
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon.roles (first I tried copy&pasting the
example from the FAQ, but that didn't work either)

I think I followed the instructions exactly. Could it be that these
instructions are ambiguous or wrong?

(Note: if I reverse step (1), the error message goes away)

Just a point of clarification: is it true that cocoon.xconf and my.roles
are just cocoon specific files, and not web.xml files (or included into
web.xml files)? Because, I only touched cocoon.xconf and my.roles.

Very confusing!

Thanks,

Ryan