Folks,

 We're in the process of writing a Transformer, which, of course, outputs
SAX
 events... but, in the midst of this stream , we need to insert an
 XML element stored in a string.

 To do this we're groping in the dark trying something like this:

  JaxpParser respParser = new JaxpParser();
  respParser.parse( new InputSource(new StringReader(str)),
          new EmbeddedXMLPipe(contentHandler));

 Which fails giving this:
 org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
 java.lang.ClassCastException
 Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
  at

com.lucamorandini.charts.ChartTransformer.endElement(ChartTransformer.java:6
55)
  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.parse(XMLByteStrea
mInterpreter.java:129)
  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.deserialize(XMLByt
eStreamInterpreter.java:102)
  at
 org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process
 (CachingEventPipeline.java:219)
  ... 44 more

 java.lang.ClassCastException
  at

com.lucamorandini.charts.ChartTransformer.endElement(ChartTransformer.java:6
55)
  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.parse(XMLByteStrea
mInterpreter.java:129)
  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.deserialize(XMLByt
eStreamInterpreter.java:102)
  at
 org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process
 (CachingEventPipeline.java:219)
  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingS
treamPipeline.java:399)

 The classes we use are:
  org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.JaxpParser;
  org.xml.sax.InputSource;
  java.io.StringReader;
  org.apache.cocoon.xml.EmbeddedXMLPipe;

 And the environment is:
  Solaris 5.8
  JDK 1.4.1_01
  Tomcat 4.1.12-LE-jdk14
  Cocoon 2.0.3

 May someone please help us ?

 Thanks in advance,

Piero De Nicola & Luca Morandini

     We are protected from the virus by Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition