On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Charles Brewster wrote:

> Jenny Brown wrote:
>
> >I'm having trouble with a recently set up cocoon instance, processing an
> >example xml and xslt file.  This seems to be happening inside Cocoon, so
> >I am not sure how to fix it.

> Jenny I downloaded your two files simple.xsl to my own coccon
> installation and they run fine.
>
> I am running tomcat 4 and see you are on 3.3 .. Don't know what jdk you
> are using but it seems to be an installation prob as your xml is fine

I was pretty sure the XML was fine since it came from example code, but
that doesn't help me much in solving my actual problem.  I'm looking for
why Cocoon is throwing a null pointer exception, as in, what do I even
try to debug or look into to figure this out?

I am running 1.4.0 jdk on a mandrake linux box:

java version "1.4.0_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_01-b03)