-----Message d'origine-----
De : Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoye : dimanche 17 novembre 2002 23:49
A : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Re: XMLForm UI Builder

I've been using XYbrix (http://www.jbrix.org/kits/xybrix/overview.html)
to edit xml files for some time and find it quite easy to use.
IIUC it uses xforms stuff to make the forms, and it's all GUI.
The license is apache compatible, so maybe it could help.

my 2c

Scott Warren wrote:
> Senhaji,
>
> An easy way that I have achieved this is to generate an XML document
> that has all the information (Java Bean properties + code, Form Elements
> etc) then I created a number of XSL Documents that take the XML doc and
> produce the JavaBean code, XMLForm.XSP, Validation Descriptor.XML etc.
> Then all you need to do is change the layout of the XMLForm as
> needed...... I use Ant to generate the files from the XML but you can
> use a Cocoon pipleine to generate the files.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Scott Warren
>
> Senhaji wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just finished playing with the XMLForm wizard example. I've
>> learned a
>> lot of good concepts such as the separation between the content, the
>> presentation and the validation in the form building process. After
>> that, I
>> started looking for an XMLForm builder that would help me speed up the
>> form
>> building process. But without success! How can I explain to the
>> management
>> that even building a simple Form with C2 will take ~3 days of
>> development?
>> not easy -).
>>
>> It could be very nice if from a form builder one can generate all the
>> necessary files for C2 (JavaBeans, XSL for transforming XMLForm widget to
>> HTML or whatever widget, XSL for the form layout, XML schema for
>> validation,...).
>>
>> Are there any works in this area ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Senhaji