Hi Josema,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 03:00:44PM +0100, Josema Alonso wrote:
> Ouch...Avalon again. When I try to do this kind of 'advanced' things with
> Cocoon I always find the Avalon wall. I think I should get into it the
> sooner the better if I want to develop powerful things.

        Yes, understanding Avalon is an important part of understanding
        Cocoon as it's the framework Cocoon is built upon. You'll need an
        Avalon component to access the sourceresolver.

        (alternatively you could extend the AbstractComposableService
        class which is in o.a.c.webservices under scratchpad, but if the
        class gets complex and you need access to other Avalon components,
        writing a true Avalon component is probably best).

> Great, but couldn't make the reader work. All I get are SOAP errors from it
> when making any call. What I've doe is to develop a Axis service. This one
> is served directly from Axis. It makes a request to the Cocoon URL and gets
> the XML document, then returns this document after serializing it in a DOM
> Element. I have it working though I know this is just a quick workaround and
> not the best approach. Hope I could amke the reader work soon. I'd like
> experimenting with it.

        Ok, what you've done above should be possible within Cocoon using
        the Reader, as it's essentially the same operation, just on the one
        system.

        I'd recommend getting the soap-server sample working in the Cocoon
        webapp (remember to use the -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=yes directive)
        and then start modifying it to do what you need.

        I need to think about writing a CocoonProvider or similar for the
        AxisRPCReader to allow one to specify a pipeline in the deployment
        descriptor for creating the SOAP service content.... hmmm...

        You can always send in the error messages you're getting and we
        can look at them,

        Cheers,

        Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: