Hello,
i don t use servlets but JSPs

have the following code:

1. xsp Document
  <xsp:structure>
    <xsp:include>org.apache.cocoon.environment.Session</xsp:include>
  </xsp:structure>
Session session = request.getSession (false);
                    if (session != null) {
                        // delet od session
                        session.invalidate ();
                    }
                    // create new session
                    session = request.getSession (true);
                    session.setAttribute ("props", properties);
                    session.setAttribute ("user", user);
                    session.setMaxInactiveInterval(3600); // 1 houer

2. Session in JSP page or xsp page
HTTPSession is a default class in a JSP page!(?)
<%
  HttpSession session = request.getSession (false);
  // When there's no session and no user object tell person in front of
the screen so
if (session != null && session.getAttribute ("user") != null)
{

    User user = (User)session.getAttribute ("user");
}
else
{
}

JSP in sitemap as JSPreader, not JSPgenerator, cause i first developed
JSPs and then changed to cocoon

hth

Martin Geißler

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Freitag, 29. November 2002 15:15:10 >>>
Hi! third time.  I'm still stuck.  May be the subject is not
interesting,
or may be no one is working with cocoon, servlets and session
attributes.
HELP! (read below).

Thanks, and sorry for insisting.

-- Mauro