By they way, the faq mentioned below on declaring a
user roles file in cocoon.xconf may be incorrect (at
least for Catalina/Tomcat).  The path to the roles
file as shown should be an absolute reference.  i.e.,

<cocoon version="2.0" user-roles="/WEB-INF/my.roles">

See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101769807107026&w=2

Geoff Howard

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/faq-configure-c2.html