Alex McLintock said:
> At 14:04 03/12/02, you wrote:
>>I want static files (images, js, css) be served by the web server
>> (apache port 80).
>
> You set up your Apache front end to serve static content - eg from a
> directory called images, or js, or static, and you set up apache to
> forward  dynamic stuff to your java servlet engine and thus Cocoon.
>
> What precisely is the problem you are having?

Actually, in the meantime I have investigated a bit further.

To recall: in my httpd.conf, I added the following line:
    Alias /rules/ "E:/temp/rules/"

In the E:/temp/rules/ directory are all the images, js, css.  Apache
restarted ...

If I have my stylesheet generate a URL like
<script type="text/javascript"
        src="http://localhost:80/rules/go_cocoon.js";></script>

this works.  However, if I instruct it to only generate
<script type="text/javascript" src="/rules/go_cocoon.js"></script>

it won't find the resource.

Well, I am already happy to have it kind of working, but it's not very
portable if I have to construct a full URL for each resource.  There
probably is still a better way than that.

Thanks for your responses so far.

Cheers,
Jakob.