Hello Marcel,

I wonder that anything is outputted. The output of the template 'sortmsg' is only stored in the variable $m, but there is nothing like <xsl:value-of select="$m"/>. If you use <xsl:copy-of select="$m"/>, the tree is copied to the output. But I don't see, where the to strings come from. Do you have a <xsl:apply-templates/> anywhere in your template matching on the root node?

Joerg

Marcel Jurk wrote:
Hi,

since I use Cocoon2.1 (CVS 12.12.2002) I have the
following problem. When I use <xsl:copy-of select="."/> in a
xsl-stylesheet, only the values form the elements are
copied, but not the element itself, e.g. when I
transform the following xml data:
<all>
<message>
<text>msg1<text>
</message>
<message>
<text>msg2<text>
</message>
</all>

with the stylesheet:

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:variable name="m">
<xsl:call-template name="sortmsg"/>
</xsl:variable>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="sortmsg">
<xsl:for-each select="/all/message">
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

then are only "msg1 msg2" is copied and not
"<message>
<text>msg1</text>
</message>
<message>
<text>msg2</text>
</message>"

I use the following transformer:
<map:transformer logger="sitemap.transformer.xsltc"
name="xslt" pool-grow="2" pool-max="32" pool-min="8"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer">
<use-request-parameters>false</use-request-parameters>
<use-browser-capabilities-db>false</use-browser-capabilities-db>
<transformer-factory>org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl</transformer-factory>
</map:transformer>

Does anyone know an answer.
Thanks in advance,
Marcel