Sorry I forgott the following lines in the stylesheet.

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:variable name="m">
    <xsl:call-template name="sortmsg"/>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:for-each select="$m">
    <xsl:value-of select="name(.)/> <!-- No output -->
    <xsl:value-of select="."/> <!-- Output: msg1msg2
-->
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="sortmsg">
  <xsl:for-each select="/all/message">
    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

In the <xsl:for-each> loop must be the output two
times message, but I got no output and the loop is
pass only once.
I think that not the tree is copied with the
<xsl:copy-of> in the template sortmsg, but only the
values.

Before the currently c2.1 (cvs 12.12) version, I used
c2.1 (cvs 30.10) and with it works fine, but now not.

Marcel

sorry, didn't notice he had the root node matched.