From: John R. Callahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 5:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Cocoon tutorial available at CMSWatch.com and Sphere.com

FYI... I have written a brief article on Cocoon (with tutorial and
downloadable demo).  The article is available at:

http://www.cmswatch.com/Features/ProductWatch/FeaturedProduct/?feature_id=81

The associated demo is available at:

http://www.sphere.com/docs/myapp.zip

The demo is meant to be installed as a webapps subdirectory (no, not as a
war file)
in Tomcat 4.0.6.  The myapp.zip file includes everything you need (all jar
files, etc.)
and could even serve as a "minimal" Cocoon application for beginners.  It is
based
on 2.1dev and requires JDK1.3.  I've tested it with Tomcat 4.0.6 and Resin
2.x.

(I've also got PPT slides to accompany the article if anyone wants them :-p)

Thanks for Carsten, Matthew, Lajos and Jeremy for their inspiring and
helpful books!

Enjoy!

-- jack

John R. Callahan, Ph.D.