I tried deploying cocoon2.1 which I have recently
downloaded and compiled, it deploys fine on Tomcat
4.1.12 but not on Orion 1.5.3.  It is only partially
working on Orion 1.5.3, partially since I can use
http://localhost:8888/  which becomes
http://localhost:8888/documents/index.html which is
the main page and I can click on all the menu items or
the links within the page without much of a problem.
However if I typed in
http://localhost:8888/samples/welcome which should go
to the sample pages, I get an error instead:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load
sitemap from

file:/u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/samples/welcome/sitemap.xmap:
 org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource
not found.:
 org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
Resource not found

file:/u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/samples/welcome/sitemap.xmap

Steps I have done are:
1. remove from /u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/
xalan.jar,xerces.jar, and jaxp.jar and replaced those
with xalan-2.4.1.jar,xercesImpl-2.1.0.jar and
xml-apis.jar accordingly.

2. put cocoon.war at
/u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/applications/

3. in orion/server.xml added <application
name="cocoon" path="../applications/cocoon" />

4. in orion/application.xml added
<web-module id="default" path="../applications/" />
and
<library
path="../applications/cocoon/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib"/>
<library
path="../applications/cocoon/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes"/>

5. in orion/default-web-site.xml added
<web-app application="cocoon" name="cocoon" root="/"
/>

6. in orion/lib/  I added cocoon.jar

7. I think I started orion, for cocoon.war to expand
then stop, and restarted. Then I have to modify the
cocoon dir to look like this

orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/    <- added one dir
above, I dont know why I must, but I did.
orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/META-INF/application.xml
 <-- this is not same application.xml as in
orion/config/, the file content is like so:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems,
Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.2//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/application_1_2.dtd";>

<application>
   <display-name>Cocoon servlet</display-name>
   <description>Cocoon</description>
   <module>
      <web>
         <web-uri>cocoon</web-uri>
         <context-root>/</context-root>
      </web>
   </module>
</application>

8.  on orion/config/global-web-application.xml I
commented out the <servlet> <servlet-name>xsl<...>
block

9. downloaded the batik-all-1.5b.2.jar per
candlelightsotware.com to replaced the current one (I
did verify current one can't be unjarred)

10. restarted orion and browsed http://localhost:8888/
result is posted above.

Am I missing a step, or botched a step here? please
help complete the steps. Why would the documents work
but the samples does not? I surmised that it does not
want to go to the submount, is the configs on orion
wrong?  This same cocoon.war works on Tomcat 4.1.12
without the application.xml modification I have to do
for orion. Fyi, I never was able to get cocoon+orion
before after so many tries, this time it is partial success.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com