Do you have the Cocoon webapp mounted under /cocoon instead of /? All of the sitemaps assume that cocoon is not part of the path of the request.

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 01:19 PM, e nio wrote:

  Well, I didn't get much additional info since last I posted. I
tried to back down to Cocoon2.0.4 source and compiled and seems
like everything work okay with Tomcat 4.1.12.  However, orion
1.5.3 is a beast to conquer. With 2.0.4 + orion 1.5.3I could not
even get anything to do with cocoon displayed anymore. Anyone
else out there had been through this path and was successful?
Can you share your tips in getting orion to work with cocoon?
    Also if someone can elaborate on my original issue why it
kept looking for a  cocoon/cocoon/samples/welcome/sitemap.xmap,
ie why basically the sub mounts are not working?

Regards,
enio
--- e nio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Thank you for the response, yes I have looked at Steve's
procedure, I mentioned it in step 9 of my original post.
Someone
also have mentioned to me that since orion is an app server I
have to have that application.xml added to make the package
looked like an .ear. Effectively I have to convert the war
into
an ear by adding a META-INF/application.xml and repackaging
the
whole thing as ear.
    Anyhows, I can get to the documents/ but nothing under the
samples/ dir.  What I must do to the main sitemap.xmap or the
one located at samples/sitemap.xmap so it does not seek for a
cocoon/samples/welcome/sitemap.xmap ?

enio
--- Lajos Moczar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Don't know if you've checked this out already, but Steve
Punte
has
Cocoon-Orion integration instructions at
http://www.candlelightsoftware.com/orion-cocoon.html.

Regards,

Lajos

e nio wrote:
  I tried deploying cocoon2.1 which I have recently
downloaded and compiled, it deploys fine on Tomcat
4.1.12 but not on Orion 1.5.3.  It is only partially
working on Orion 1.5.3, partially since I can use
http://localhost:8888/  which becomes
http://localhost:8888/documents/index.html which is
the main page and I can click on all the menu items or
the links within the page without much of a problem.
However if I typed in
http://localhost:8888/samples/welcome which should go
to the sample pages, I get an error instead:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load
sitemap from

file:/u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/samples/welcome/ sitemap.xmap:
 org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource
not found.:
 org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
Resource not found

file:/u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/samples/welcome/ sitemap.xmap
Steps I have done are:
1. remove from /u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/
xalan.jar,xerces.jar, and jaxp.jar and replaced those
with xalan-2.4.1.jar,xercesImpl-2.1.0.jar and
xml-apis.jar accordingly.

2. put cocoon.war at
/u01/OJSP/j3ee/orion/applications/

3. in orion/server.xml added <application
name="cocoon" path="../applications/cocoon" />

4. in orion/application.xml added
<web-module id="default" path="../applications/" />
and
<library
path="../applications/cocoon/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib"/>
<library
path="../applications/cocoon/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes"/>

5. in orion/default-web-site.xml added
<web-app application="cocoon" name="cocoon" root="/"
/>

6. in orion/lib/  I added cocoon.jar

7. I think I started orion, for cocoon.war to expand
then stop, and restarted. Then I have to modify the
cocoon dir to look like this

orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/    <- added one dir
above, I dont know why I must, but I did.
orion/applications/cocoon/cocoon/META-INF/application.xml
 <-- this is not same application.xml as in
orion/config/, the file content is like so:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems,
Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.2//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/application_1_2.dtd";>

<application>
   <display-name>Cocoon servlet</display-name>
   <description>Cocoon</description>
   <module>
      <web>
         <web-uri>cocoon</web-uri>
         <context-root>/</context-root>
      </web>
   </module>
</application>

8.  on orion/config/global-web-application.xml I
commented out the <servlet> <servlet-name>xsl<...>
block

9. downloaded the batik-all-1.5b.2.jar per
candlelightsotware.com to replaced the current one (I
did verify current one can't be unjarred)

10. restarted orion and browsed http://localhost:8888/
result is posted above.

Am I missing a step, or botched a step here? please
help complete the steps. Why would the documents work
but the samples does not? I surmised that it does not
want to go to the submount, is the configs on orion
wrong?  This same cocoon.war works on Tomcat 4.1.12
without the application.xml modification I have to do
for orion. Fyi, I never was able to get cocoon+orion
before after so many tries, this time it is partial
success.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: