On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Jeff Sexton wrote:
> I seem to solve my own problems frequently after posting to this list...
>
> I moved the Sybase jar file from $CATALINA_HOME/lib to
> $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and it worked.  It seems that Cocoon's
> connection pools can function with the jar in the root lib, but realms can
> not.  Moving the jar to common/lib allows both realms and the connection
> pool to work.
>
> However now I have a new question.  I really want to password protect
> cocoon URLs.  I added a <security-constraint> to webapps/cocoon/web.xml,
> but this breaks cocoon.
>
> Anyone know the correct way to use realms for cocoon?

I get this in catalina.out:

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
PARSE error at line 245 column 11
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must
match
"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*)".
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4

What causes this are these lines at the top of Cocoon's web.xml:

<!--
  This is the web-app configurations that allow Cocoon to work under
  Apache Tomcat. Please, follow the installation section of the
  documentation for more information about installing Cocoon on Tomcat
-->

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>

<web-app>

    <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>My Applications</web-resource-name>
        <url-pattern>/MyApps/*</url-pattern>
      </web-resource-collection>
      <auth-constraint>
        <role-name>MyRole</role-name>
      </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    <login-config>
      <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
      <realm-name>My Applications</realm-name>
    </login-config>

etc.....