Jeff -

You'll need to change the DTD for Cocoon's web.xml to version 2.3, thusly:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

Cheers,

Lajos

--
galatea.com
Cocoon training, consulting & support

Jeff Sexton wrote:
I seem to solve my own problems frequently after posting to this list...

I moved the Sybase jar file from $CATALINA_HOME/lib to
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and it worked.  It seems that Cocoon's
connection pools can function with the jar in the root lib, but realms can
not.  Moving the jar to common/lib allows both realms and the connection
pool to work.

However now I have a new question.  I really want to password protect
cocoon URLs.  I added a <security-constraint> to webapps/cocoon/web.xml,
but this breaks cocoon.

Anyone know the correct way to use realms for cocoon?