Could you show me how you have mounted both sub-sitemaps?
If it's like this:

{root sitemap}
<map:match pattern="map1/**">
        <map:mount uri-prefix="map1" src="map1/sitemap.xmap" check-reload="yes"/>
</map:match>
<map:match pattern="map2/**">
        <map:mount uri-prefix="map2" src="map2/sitemap.xmap" check-reload="yes"/>
</map:match>

Then it would be src="cocoon://map2/other-resource" from within a matcher in map1.

Regards,

Arjé Cahn

Software Department
Hippo Webworks