the stacktrace says that the AbstractMultiAction can't be found.

make sure that this class is in the classpath (it should be in the cocoon
JAR, but you better check that out).

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Im
Auftrag von Julian Klein
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Januar 2003 22:27
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: newbie: creating a cocoon action using AbstractMultiAction

Hey Marcus,
 Yeah I'm sorry, but I had fixed that (I jsut sent the
old sitemap DUH).  You see I tried it in the original
package of com.ethidium, but then thought my class
should be in the cocoon dev jar so I moved it to
org.apache.cocoon.acting and changed the sitemap.
Unfortunately neither worked eventhough the sitemap
matched the location of the class.  I know it is
accessing the class since it is looking for the
AbstractMultiAction class (it's superclass).  I am
running also the slide sample from the scratchpad
which has actions that use the AbstractMultiAction
class as well...but they works fine.  I am boggled
about this...could it have something to do with Thread
safety from the Avalon framework or some funny
classloading issue?

Thanks Again,
Julian

--- Marcus Crafter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
>       Not sure what the problem is exactly, but your
> source file has
>       your action in the package
> 'org.apache.cocoon.acting', whereas your
>       sitemap.xmap file says that is under
> 'com.ethidium.cocoon.action'.
>
>       Perhaps that's causing things to go a bit pear
> shaped. Hope that
>       helps.
>
>       Cheers,
>
>       Marcus
>
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 01:06:09PM -0800, Julian
> Klein wrote:
> >
> > *****************ACTION JAVA
> CODE******************
> > /*
> >  * TaskAction.java
> >  *
> >  * Created on January 14, 2003, 12:16 PM
> >  */
> > package org.apache.cocoon.acting;
>
> ...<snip/>...

***************************SITEMAP******************************************
**

> ...<snip/>...
>
> >   <map:actions>
> >    <map:action name="eTask"
> src="com.ethidium.cocoon.action.TaskAction"/>
>
> --
>      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
>     ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
>     $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
>      $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
>      ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
>        '     /( &&&
>            \_&&&&'
>           &&&&.
>     &&&&&&&:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam

http://mailplus.yahoo.com