Hello All,

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I have not been able to find
a similar problem in the archives.

I have no experience with xml whatsoever and have a brand-new developer with
no experience whatsoever wanting to start playing around with cocoon.

I have installed: Tomcat 4.0.4, Apache 1.3.26 and Cocoon 2.0.4 (also
uninstalled and tried 2.0.3, but got the same results). I have a feeling I
am missing some really basic item, but haven't been able to figure it out
and am getting a headache so I hope someone can please help. :--)

My tomcat and apache are configured with mod_jk to talk to each other (via
auto config in tomcat ../conf/auto/mod_jk.conf) with apache serving static
pages and tomcat serving servlet, java stuff. That works fine. I put the
cocoon.war into webapps and it auto-deploys, no error messages anywhere!!!
But when I click on http://mymachin/cocoon the only thing I see is the
directory index. No welcome page that I keep hearing so much about.

Can someone smack me over the head and tell me what vital thing I have
missed?

Thanks,
Rachel