Bertrand

I think you are making the same point as me... just proposing
a different solution.  I still feel that if we are using a system that
is based on the philisopy of "write once, publish anywhere" we
should be able to create documents in one place and have them
published in more than one place in more than one style.

If the JSPWiki folks can do all that you suggest, then great - but
in the meanwhile a simple and effective "traditional" web site should
be a snap to set up once your docs are in XML....

PS we need to avoid creating more jargon - I always think of NCC
as part of the Starship Enterprise 's call sign (there, that gives *my*
age away!)

Derek

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 27/01/2003 11:14:33 >>>
Hi Hussayn,

I mostly agree with your point of view, except on the "separate wiki"
thing. (And by the way, thanks a lot for your "less talking, more doing"
approach!)

What worries me *a lot* with starting yet another documentation site is
the dispersion of resources - wouldn't it be much more efficient to have
you, Derek and possibly others joing the (mythical) Cocoon docs team
with the aim of creating these newbies docs?

See also http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonDocsPlan, I think
your concept can fit nicely into this.

I'm convinced that it is possible to create the "newbies competence
center" that you mention *inside* the existing wiki - a well-designed
start page and navigation should help newbies find their way.

Maybe this needs some improvements to the existing wiki system, to help
newbies find pages that are targeted for them, namely:

a) Being able to search the wiki for "NCC pages only" or "everything" so
that newbies are not distracted by deep technical discussions.

b) Being able to clearly label pages as being part of the NCC, different
color, icons or something.

This might well be possible with JSPwiki, maybe by writing some kind of
extension? We need to ask Steven or the JSPWiki folks if you think this
is worth studying.

What do you think?
Join the party, or throw yet another one? :-)

-Bertrand