On Monday 10 February 2003 23:06, Jan Harms wrote:
> Donīt panic  ;-)

too late. I managed to not pass out, but if i didn't have KMahjongg, i'd be in
real trouble ;)

> have you tried to call the java VM with the "-verbose:class" option? You
> will have to modify the tomcat startup skripts for that. With this option
> you can see which classes are actually loaded (and from where).

when i do this, the startup process stops somewhwere in the jre. is this
normal?

> Are the cocoon classes loaded?

i suppose, because cocoon is running fine.

>What if you use a FileGenerator (inherits
> from AbstractGenerator), does that work?

yes, that works fine.

>Which classes does your Generator
> import? You could try to write a simple CustomGenerator which does nothing.
> Just inherit from AbstractGenerator and see if it gets loaded...

MyGenerator  extends AbstractGenerator

i've just created a TestGenerator extends AbstractGenerator, and this one
works (meaning: the sitemap compiles).

can there be a problem with imports?
the TestGenerator imports:
import java.io.IOException;
import org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException;
import org.apache.cocoon.generation.AbstractGenerator;
import org.xml.sax.SAXException;

and MyGenerator imports a lot more classes.

is it possible that cocoon isn't missing the AbstractGenerator, but something
else? i'll dig into this, i was so focused on AbstractGenerator that this
actually never came to my mind.

thanks, that definitely helped!

rick

- --
|-
| peter riegersperger  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|-
| ein windows switcher tagebuch:
| http://forum.subnet.at/viewforum.php?f=22
|-
| subnet
| platform for media art and experimental technologies
|-
| http://www.subnet.at/
|-
| muehlbacherhofweg 5 // 5020 salzburg // austria
|-
| fon/fax +43/662/842 897
|-