Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.12-LE-jdk14
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: Errors in XSLT transformation:
Warning: File
jar:file:/C:/etango/tomcat/webapps/cocoonsamples/WEB-INF/lib/cocoo
n-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitem
ap.xsl;
Line 1817; Column 34;
[Logicsheet processor] Attribute 'type' missing in dynamic tag <map:match>

Fatal: Ach?vement dirigU de la feuille de style

        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3170)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
----------------------------

last sitemap.xmap

-----------------------------
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0";>
  <map:components>

ONE COMPONENTS IS ENOUGHT remove this on ->  <map:components>

     <map:generators   default="file"/>
     <map:generator name="html"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"/>

     <map:transformers default="xslt"/>
     <map:readers      default="resource"/>
     <map:serializers  default="html"/>
     <map:matchers default="wildcard"/>
   </map:components>

AND THIS ONE -> </map:components>

  <map:pipelines>

    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="index.html">
        <map:generate type="html" src="index.html"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

  </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

Moreover you should declare explicitly what you're using.
Like that for the generator : <map:generator name="html" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.HTMLGenerator"/>
the transformers ...
etc ....

this synthax is allowed in sub sitemap...I'm not quite sure you can write it in the main sitemap.
<map:transformers default="xslt"/>
<map:readers default="resource"/>
<map:serializers default="html"/>
<map:matchers default="wildcard"/>

Have a look at the sitemap.xmap in webapps/cocoon/.
If you're doing a sub sitemap you should declare it in the main sitemap.

As for as I am concern, I made a copy of the directory cocoon (called for example cocoon-dev), remove what I didn't want and wrote a new sitemap.xconf.

Lionel