Do you think, the CocoonCompetenceCenter main page
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonCompetenceCenter
can fullfill the role as central index ?

CocoonCompetenceCenter
	beginners ...
	advanced ...
	experts ...

I think, this can be done without disturbing the
current wiki organisation too much:

* Simply reorg the existing CCC main page as sketched above.

* Then create a new CCC-beginners index-page with
  the content of the current CCC main page.

* Then start to link other pages from the Wiki into the
  advanced-CCC / expert-CCC index-pages.

Or do you think of an index spanning over the whole Wiki ?

Hussayn

Derek Hohls wrote:
A central index = a guide to the guides...
perhaps in a nested hierachy showing where
all the topics and subtopics fit together.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 21/02/2003 03:58:40 >>>
Hy, Derek;

Derek Hohls wrote:
> I think the page is fine - if we add any more
> we will need to make 2 pages! otherwise the
> "simple beginners" will get put off...

I was close to split this page into two this morning:
basic_issue + advanced_issue
I simply didn't do it, because i was disturbed by a
phone call ;-)

> i was thinking we also need a central index page
> which ties all the bits and pieces together and
> gives some indication of reading order, level of
> complexity etc. (the wiki is easy to add to, but
> hard to see where everything fits in..)

What do you mean by central index page ?
Can you explain in a little more detail ?

hussayn