Hello -- I have a quick Schematron/XMLForm question.

Let's say I have the following XPath:

/data/selected    which can be either "text" or "number"
/data/number      a valid number

I want to write a validation pattern that will assert iff /data/selected
is 'number' and /data/number must be a number.

For instance:

<rule context="/data/number">
  <assert test="number(.)=.">
    You must specify a valid number.
  </assert>
</rule>

works fine, but I want the above to happen ONLY if /data/selected is the
value "number".  So if /data/selected is the value "text", it will
completely ignore the check to see if the /data/number field is a
numeric value.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
rob