Siblings? Try the following:

> <rule context="/password">
> <assert test="string(.) = string(following-sibling::password2 | preceding-sibling::password2)">
> Passwords do not match.
> </assert>
> </rule>

If you know password2 is always after password, you can remove preceding-sibling::password2.

It's only a further suggestion from the XML point of view ;-)

Joerg

Delis, Christopher E. wrote:
thanks, ugo.

i finally ended up doing the same exact thing as you.  i was just hoping it
would be possible to refer to other (sibling or ancestor) objects in my
validation assertion.  not a huge problem.  i simply edited my
"xmlform-to-html.xsl" to reflect the fact that the error violation has an
attribute of ref='' instead of ref='/password'.

cheers,
chris