Hi,

I've been looking over the suggestions, and they seem to be pretty much what I was looking for.

I understand now why someone suggested XHTML. However, there is way too much styling possible in XHTML. I need a content format that somewhat encourages authors not to put style elements such as font or hr in their content.

It seems that the Maven xdoc format and the Cocoon document-10 format have a lot in common. Cocoon has a <header/> element while xdoc puts header content in the document root outside of the <body/>. Cocoon has <s1/> through <s4/>, xdoc has <section/> and <subsection/>.

DITA looks fascinating. So far it looks like everything I might want. It is a lot to absorb, but I'll ping the list back after I absorb some of it.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Steve Crossan wrote:

How about the xdoc format used by Maven and Anakia ?

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site-tags.html

Steve

http://www.runtime-collective.com
t: 01273 234290