> Von: Alexander Schatten

> but if there is not a very good reason
> for using Firebird, I would not recommend it.

Alex -
thank you very much! Unfortunately I will have to access an existing Firebird database
via Cocoon ... you are right, it seems that there are some severe problems with
Firebird. And in the mailing list archives I found a couple of notes that do not sound
encouraging either, e.g. problems with the SQL transformer. But it seems that others
were able to connect Cocoon to the Firebird database and then ran into problems. What
bugs me is, why can't I even load the driver class and have Cocoon run? As I said, I'm
a cocoon newbie (and don't know much about tomcat, either). But I had no problem
establishing and using the Oracle DB connection - so I wonder what I'm doing wrong
with Firebird. I'm afraid it must be some silly beginner's mistake.

Nik