cocoon 2.04:
I have a problem that's bugging the hell out of me because it must be really simple. I'm hoping to get a fresh pair of eyes to look at this problem. I have a page to test the SQL connection that works from one directory but not the other. By "works", I mean one returns:

        <rowset nrofrows="1">
                <row>
                        <now>may 30, 2003 10:55:37</now>
                </row>
        </rowset>

while the other returns:
        <rowset>
          <error>The url cannot be null</error>
        </rowset>

My directory structure is:
        cocoon/
                sitemap.xmap
                - myDev/
                        - test/
                - prototype/
                        Minimalsitemap.xmap
                        - xml/

where I have a main "sitemap.xmap" which mounts a subsitemap "Minimalsitemap.xmap" via:
<map:match pattern="NSFGProto/**">
<map:mount check-reload="yes" src="NSFGProto/Minimalsitemap.xmap" uri-prefix="NSFGProto"/>
</map:match>

Here are the relevant snippets from the various sitemaps and the xml that tests the connection.

<!-- match from Minimalsitemap.xmap under prototype  -->
<map:match pattern="testSQL">
        <map:generate src="xml/testSQL.xml"/>
        <map:transform type="sql">
                <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="SSVDPool"/>
        </map:transform>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<!-- match from sitemap.xmap under myDev -->
<map:match pattern="test/SSVDPool">
        <map:generate src="myDev/test/testSQL.xml"/>
        <map:transform type="sql">
                <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="SSVDPool"/>
                <map:parameter name="show-nr-of-rows" value="true"/>
        </map:transform>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<!-- contents of testSQL.xml -->
<page xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0";>
<title>SQLTransformer Test with sql:</title>
<content>
        <para>
        <sql:execute-query>
                <sql:query>
                        select to_char(sysdate, 'month DD, YYYY HH24:MI:SS') "Now"
from dual
                </sql:query>
        </sql:execute-query>
        </para>
</content>
</page>

Am I missing something obvious, or is there a problem with specifying the pool once I do a sitemap mount? And what does the error "The url cannot be null" mean?

I-Lin Kuo, Ann Arbor, MI
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion 5.0 Advanced Developer
Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer
Ann Arbor Java Users Group (http://www.aajug.org)