I think you are missing
        <sql:use-connection>connection-name</sql:use-connection>
in testSQL.xml

Thanks for the suggestion but that's not it. I don't need to specify that in testSQL.xml if I supply it as a parameter to the SQLTransformer in the pipeline as I've done. Besides, it's the same file in both cases, but one runs and the other doesn't.

I did a little more searching and found the following on http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UnderstandingCocoonMounts

"Components
Inheritance of components have been a little problem between some versions of Cocoon, it's now solved. But after experience, it's not so bad to keep the components you need in each sitemap, especially to have your own names for generators or transformers, and be able to move your app under any other sitemap, or put it directly as root."

So, maybe it's my SQLTransformer that's not being inherited in my subsitemap?

I-Lin Kuo, Ann Arbor, MI Macromedia Certified ColdFusion 5.0 Advanced Developer Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer Ann Arbor Java Users Group (http://www.aajug.org)