At 08:02 AM 6/3/2003, you wrote:
Conal Tuohy wrote:
Why not just add a parameter which removes them or not, big
deal.  No reason
for Yet Another Class.

Why provide an _option_ for people to output invalid HTML?

Seriously, isn't it _always_ a bug to output namespaces in the HTML? What are the use cases for HTML + namespaces?? Is anyone actually using this "feature" to output HTML with namespace attributes for some obscure purpose?
this is what I try to argue for days. some think obviously that it should be possible to produce invalid HTML, I do not know why. however, I would be really glad if it would be possible to generate valid HTML automatically without needing to write additional stylesheets...

I understood the debate to be over whether the html is invalid or not - not whether to allow invalid html. Still, IIUC the fix is about a 10 line patch to HTMLSerializer which anyone can do. If you're not a committer, submit a patch to bugzilla. If no one gets to it, I can try to over the next week - but I've got a lot of irons in the fire all at once right now.

Geoff