hi geoff,
i've seen the wiki pages and also the FileUploadAction in the Developer's Handbook (Moczar/Aston). my problem is that i don't want to put all the files into one directory but put them into the directory named after a project that is to be choosen in a select field (is that understandable?). there is a directory for every project and the file belongs to exactly one project. therefore the way suggested by alexander seemed quite appealing to me.
btw i need this for an app written in 2.0.4
thanx juliane

Geoff Howard wrote:

There is good information about this at the wiki. Go to wiki.cocoondev.org and search for upload.

Geoff

upload-directory does not have to be under WEB-INF - it can be relative or absolute anywhere on your system. relative paths are resolved from the servlet context - which is the main directory of cocoon.

Geoff