Thanks for the info. I will go down another path with this.

Irv

J.Pietschmann wrote:

Irving Salisbury III wrote:

I am using a third partly library that does things like url( #someReference), so I can't get around it.
Why is this not a bug, it seems like something that should be supported, and batik even has a bug fix in 1.5b4 (that happens to break the library code for me)

Both the SVG and FO spec avoid even talking on how url(#stuff) should
be interpreted if the SVG is embedded in a FO document. Actually,
the whole semantic of embedded content is processor dependent, in
other words we could do what we see fit. Therefore, as I said, this
is spec conformant, read: no bug. I agree that it violates user
assumptions on how the whole mess ought to be resolved. There are a
few hurdles on the way which prevent simple fixes on the FOP side
though.

J.Pietschmann