I agree.  Kibana looks promising for log analysis and visualization...

http://rashidkpc.github.com/Kibana/index.html

On 8/30/12 9:10 PM, Lars Aronsson wrote:
On 2012-08-31 00:02, Shearer, Timothy J wrote:
What we have is a webserver with 64,665 files (html, css, js, jpg, you
get
the idea) and lots of directories with subdirectories.

The goal is to be able to conveniently take all that in in a way that
makes it pretty simple to see/navigate (say for a public services staff
member tasked with doing a survey of the old content) so that we can
get a
handle on what's there (prior to say, moving from a php+html template
approach to a CMS).  It's about exploring the website from under the
hood.

I'd recommend starting with the web server log files.
Maybe a handful of those files are 95% of your traffic,
and the rest is odd or peculiar "long tail" information.

--
Shaun D. Ellis
Digital Library Interface Developer