When I originally reserved the room, I also encountered the problem of no availability on Thursday night. I called on Monday the 15th to try to add in Thursday night and was told that there are no rooms at that rate. Clearly there is a communication problems at the hotel, between the people the organizers have talked to and the people taking reservations.

One problem the reservation lady seemed to be having is she would ask for the group code, I'd say code4lib, and she'd confirm saying OK so the code is 4lib. She also had trouble finding the reservation I made through the Oregon State University Conference Services site and wanted to just make a new reservation, with a notation that it might be a duplicate. Finally after telling her my name, address, email, arrival date and acknowledgement number for a third time, she finally said "Is your first name Robert?" and found the original reservation. <snark> I guess she was confused by all the other people with the same last name as me. </snark> It may be that the lower room availability is due to several similarly duplicated reservations.

-Robert Haschart