I am testing my apps on the Windows UWP platform. I am using a Microsoft
Surface Book for testing. I don't yet have a Windows 10 phone to test with.

My app starts, user makes a selection and a new form is displayed. How do I
get back to the previous form?

When building the new form my code includes:

        _backCommand = new Command(Prefs.getMsg("rw.msg.nv.lst"));
        setBackCommand(_backCommand);

There is no back button displayed on the screen.

In the simulator I use the hardware back button and it works as expected.

I detach the display so that I have a Windows tablet. In tablet mode the
buttons are displayed on the bottom of the screen but touching the back
button takes me to the desktop. My app is still running but hidden. When I
bring it to the front it is still on the second form. How do I go back to
the first form?

When I switch from tablet to desktop mode my app is killed. Not sure if
that is the expected behavior or not.

When I run my app in desktop mode there is no simulated back button and no
back button displayed in the app. How do I return to the first form?

Thanks