I vote for native look and feel versus consistency across platforms. I
understand the point but I would rather my app looked like a real Windows
Mobile app.

I do actually add the back button on Windows but on the form level:

        _backCommand = new Command(Prefs.getMsg("rw.msg.nv.lst"));
        setBackCommand(_backCommand);

This adds the back button to the title bar on iOS and Android but not on
Windows. Initially I thought that was fine because on a Windows phone you
have the hardware back button.Unfortunately a Windows app can run in a lot
of different modes and the hardware back button is not always there.

I am reluctant to use the Toolbar class as that does not seem like the
native look and feel to me.