Not even Channel Ops. Only IRC Operators can see true hosts.
Most implimentations of this turn the hostname from:

p34-max1.akl.ihug.co.nz

random.things.here.co.nz

Thus bans using *!*ident@*.co.nz still apply and work OK.
This method doesnt actually remove a lot of the ban features we still use.

Its usermode +x IRRC.0

Theres advantages and disadvantages to the system.... and thats all im
going to say on the matter.